to Massage Therapy Oasis! My name is Heidi Sorensen and I am the owner of MTO. I have been studying and practicing massage therapy in the Stevens Point area for over 12 years.
Massage is gentle and safe modality for improving one’s health for most people. It can provide fast and profound improvements with muscular and fascial pain issues, reduce mental and emotional stress, and help normalize the body’s various systems.
When you arrive for your session, we will discuss your health concerns and what your goals are for your massage. In regards to therapeutic massage, we may discuss some self-massage techniques and stretches you can do at home.
Please keep in mind, it’s always a good idea to talk to your doctor about the safety of receiving massage! This is especially true if you are taking prescription medications or have a history of heart disease.
Licenses and Continued Education:
- Neuromuscular Therapy for the Hip – 2018
- Fascial Release for Structural Balance – 2017
- Foot Reflexology Study – 2016
- Facilitated PNF Stretching – 2015
- Certified NCBTMB 2004- 2014
- FT massage therapist at Tiarah Day Spa; 2006 – 2014
- Pregnancy Massage Study – 2010
- Neuromuscular Therapy for the Neck & Head – 2009
- Neuromuscular Therapy for the Spine & Thorax – 2008
- Gaia’s Touch Heated Stone Massage Study – 2007
- Licensed Massage Therapist, Wisconsin LMT #3771-046 since 2006