My name is Heidi Sorensen. I am a Wisconsin Licensed Massage Therapist and owner of Massage Therapy Oasis.
Massage is gentle and safe modality for improving one’s health for most people. It can provide fast and profound improvements with muscular and fascial pain issues, reduce mental and emotional stress, and help normalize the body’s various systems.
I see a lot of people come in for their first massage after they’ve visited their doctor, chiropractor, or PT for pain concerns. Or perhaps after investing a lot of money in a new bed, pillows, or over-the-counter supplements and meds. All of these options have their place, and offer their own kind of pain management, BUT there are times when massage can provide much needed pain relief – right to the spot!! Sometimes massage can even help lessen the need for other pain management modalities.
Please keep in mind, it’s always a good idea to talk to your doctor about the safety of receiving a massage! This is especially true if you are taking prescription medications or have a history of heart disease.
In addition to your massage, I may talk to you about some self-massage techniques and stretches you can continue to do at home. I will do my best to answer any of your questions.
I started my training for massage therapy in 2004 at Health Touch Spa, LLC in Rothschild, WI. My teachers were passionate about what they taught and passed that onto me! I was fascinated by how the human body works, the many ways one could alleviate soft tissue pain, and help restore healthier body function. Not only has it helped me alleviate my own muscular pain issues, but it’s allowed me to help countless other people!
From the time I graduated, I worked as a professional massage therapist at Tiarah Day Spa in Stevens Point. During this 8 year period, I also expanded my training into precision neuromuscular therapy. This training taught me how to detect trigger points, no larger than a grain of rice within muscle tissues, how to properly release them, and help restore normal muscular function. My customers are often surprised at how intense, yet relaxing and good it feels to “melt away” those trigger points, and how much better they feel afterwards.
Licenses and Continued Education:
- Foot Reflexology Study – 2016
- Facilitated PNF Stretching for Massage Therapists – 2015
- Opened Massage Therapy Oasis – 2014
- Certified by The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork; 2004- 2014
- Full-time MT at Tiarah Day Spa; 2006 – 2014
- Pregnancy Massage Study – 2010
- Precision Neuromuscular Therapy for the Neck & Head – 2009
- Precision Neuromuscular Therapy for the Spine & Thorax – 2008
- Gaia’s Touch Heated Stone Massage Study – 2007
- Licensed Massage Therapist, Wisconsin LMT #3771-046, 2006
- Graduated from Health Touch School of Massage; 2006